ABOVE: A sales outlet for the Wiener Werkstatte who Klimt worked closely with. RIGHT: Joseph Maria Olbrich (on the left), an unknown person, Koloman Moser, and Gustav Klimt (on the right) in the garden of Fritz Waerndorfer in Vienna, c. 1898. BELOW: The January edition of the Ver Sacrum magazine in 1898.
Built in 1898, and designed by Joseph Maria Olbrich, the Secession was found in Karlsplatz, and was quickly known as simply “The Secession.” Historical influences were out; the first writings of Freud and the creativity of the individual artists, architects, and sculptures were in. The group had its own magazine, Ver Sacrum , which furthered the movement’s exploration of art outside the strict confines of academic tradition. Other artists involved included Arnold
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online